It’s summer time! I have really been looking forward to summer, warm weather, green foliage, beautiful flowers, tan skin, gorgeous sunsets, and most of all summer food!
What I wasn’t prepared for was not having any new summer recipe ideas. Fortunately summer is full of fun inspiration and after a great cup of coffee on a lovely Saturday morning I was able to create a whole list of new ideas, yay!
One of my other passions outside of food is painting. Painting is probably the most therapeutic activity for me. I have been spending a lot of time working on a painting recently. It’s theme is the ocean. To help keep my creativity flowing I have been listening to a lot of Bob Marley and playing beach scene videos on YouTube. It has been such a peaceful escape and now the vibe is flowing into my passion for food.
This weeks recipe was not only inspired by the beginning of summer but also by that perfect day at the beach.
Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- One pineapple
- 2 cups pineapple (Frozen is best)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tbs chia seed
- dragon fruit
- Slice the pineapple horizontally in front of the stem. Start carving the pineapple into a bowl leaving a 1/2″ thick rim.
- For an extra fresh smoothie, freeze the pineapple innards before blending them.
- Add all the ingredients to a high power blender and blend.
- Pour the ingredients into the pineapple bowl.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
Thank you to those of you who have been following my blog. I really appreciate the support and kind words that inspire me to keep going. If you haven’t had a chance to check out my “About me” page, click the picture below and allow me to introduce myself.